‘Tis the season
It’s that time of year again and as we wind down for our Christmas break we are able to reflect on the changes in Elixel over the last 12 months, and to begin thinking about what 2018 might bring. Although our 5th year, 2017 has been a year of firsts for Elixel. With our first team baby, first employee, and first company product to name but a few, there has been a lot of exciting things to learn and adapt to this year. We’ve listed a few of our favourites below:
- Plymouth on Technation – Our ambition is to see Plymouth become a tech hub. With Digital Plymouth we were able to get one step closer with Plymouth finally appearing on the Technation map.
- Introducing the new Mr Jones – Gavin had a baby boy! Quinn R S Jones.
- Hands on with hardware – Thanks to Plymouth City Council’s Data Play we got to experiment with our first hardware project to improve air quality monitoring.
- Tea’s up – Our greatest success was releasing our very first product to the public market in the shape of our office drinks round app.
- Cross platform comics – best described as the Netflix for indie comics, the Comichaus app for tablet and mobile devices was one of our biggest projects of the year.
- WMN Award winners – What a great way to end the year, winning the micro business of the year at the Western Morning News awards!
So what next..?
With future hire and growth plans already underway, and many exciting projects yet to come, 2018 is set to be another big year for Elixel so watch this space! We’d like to thank everyone who has supported us this year and we look forward to seeing you all in 2018.Share Tweet Share